It may look like I am super excited that my bonus son just turned 18 but that's quite the contrary! I'm super duper proud of him and am fortunate to have contributed to his life for the past 14-ish years. He's really grown into a wonderful young man and incredible brother to my girls. He'll be heading off to college in the fall and I am having a really hard time with that and I know my girls will have an even harder time not having their big bro around. Anyway, that's a blog post for another day.
I made this card for him for his BIG birthday, as seen on the American Crafts blog.
- Cut a 6x6 (12x6) card base.
- Using your electronic die cut machine, cut a supersized "18" from a piece of pattern paper and the card base.
- Use the negative piece for the top of the card.
- Before adhering, add the clear acrylic confetti paper and stitch around the "18". Adhere to the front.
- Next, cut another "18" the same size from a contrasting pattern paper.
- Adhere the "18 to the inside back of the card so that it lines up with the 18 on the front of the card.
- Add a banner at the top of the card and ink the edges, if desired.
Supplies: Dear Lizzy Fine and Dandy: (370074) - Stay Awesome Paper, (370076) - Oh Joy Paper, (370077) - Dazzling Paper, (370091) - Accent & Phrase Stickers