Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Good Life Layout + Sketch Planner

Today I'm highlighting a really cool concept from Simple Stories.  I'm sure you've all read about and seen the new Life Documented planners and collection and are just as excited about it as I am.  I had a strong need and desire to organize my life and I'm am just overjoyed to have such a great solution now!  

While I was putting my planner together to keep track of all family activities, do my meal planning, track deadlines, I came across the Planning Inserts.  Imagine a light bulb going off. No, even better...the clouds cleared and birds starting chirping.  I was that excited.



Do you see that cool little grid in the photo and the section below to plan out your photos, supplies, ideas, journaling???? Genius! I stopped everything I was doing and started sketching.  Take a look at how I used this cool feature of the planners.



I started by selecting the photos I wanted to scrap. Then, I pulled out my Life Documented supplies and started sorting through them, looking for the perfect papers and embellishments. I jotted them down along with a few other items I knew I wanted to use.  I didn't have any memorabilia this time. We ended up donating my daughter's hair to those in need but once we get the confirmation letter back, I will add it to the page somewhere, maybe behind.


I love that I can use this to plan everything out in advance so when I'm ready to scrap, I have my plan and I'm ready to go.

So, let's see how it all transpired into an actual layout...


I really wanted to use the awesome paper with all the words.  The words were soo fitting for what my daughter was doing.  She grew out her hair and it took her a while to make the decision to cut it but she did and I am soo proud of her.  She felt soo wonderful knowing that she was helping another child in need.  It was definitely a FABULOUS, EPIC, AWESOME thing for her to do.

I toned down the words on the paper by adding gesso and then I added the graphic section to the bottom, lining the dividing line with tags and banners.


I created the title using a combo of hand cut and die cut words.  I am still deciding what exactly I want to journal about but I do know it will go right there in the empty section near the title.

So, if you are thinking of getting one of these incredible planners, I highly recommend you get your hands on one now because I just know these will be flying off the shelves.  It is that amazing!


No comments: