It's place cards week on the American Crafts blog. My instinct was to create some fall-ish ones for Thanksgiving but I really wanted to do something a little different. I figured, place cards don't have to be for special occasions only. In our house, every new day is a reason to celebrate so why not serve breakfast in style?
I decided to jazz breakfast up a little bit one day. I didn't actually create a grand meal but I did serve pancakes, bacon and powdered donuts in style. I found some adorable milk bottles at Target the other day and just knew they'd be perfect for an idea I had. I quickly ran over to the paper plates section and found some clear plastic plates. The idea was coming together very quickly throughout the aisles of Target!
- Grab your favorite American Crafts supplies.
- Measure the inside bottom of the plate and cut a circle out of coordinating scrap paper. Adhere to the bottom of the clear plate using Mod Podge.
- Create little banners by running coordinating paper through your manual die machine, using the banner die in the new Shimelle collection. Add a contrasting colored paper behind the heart to make it stand out.
- Download a feather cutting file and place your names inside the feather prior to cutting it out. Cut and adhere to the inside of the banner. Wrap around your straw and staple together.
- Insert straw through powdered donuts and serve alongside your favorite breakfast.
Supplies: Shimelle collection - (368156) - Leavitt paper, (368152) - Haynes paper, (368139) - Hurley paper, (368141) - Hopper paper, (368147) - Harding paper, (368151) - Baxter paper, (368179) – dies