Hi everyone! I am up on the Gossamer Blue blog today with a fun, new Pattern Play. This month, it's all about shapes.
Geometric shapes are oh so hot and add a fun twist to scrapbook pages. If you look through the gallery, you will see some great patterns featuring many trendy shapes. Today, I thought I'd embrace the shape and create some nested circles to use as my background.
- Cut eight 1/2" wide circles offset from each other with a 1/2" between each circle. I created a Silhouette cut file and you can download it HERE. Simply download the file and open it up in Silhouette. You can cut all the circles out of the same paper or simply cut one at a time with different papers, like I did.
- Once your circles have been cut, lay them over solid sheet of cardstock and space them out to your liking.
- Choose a 3"x3" circle photo for the smallest circle in the middle of the layout.
- Adhere all circles to page with just a little bit of glue.
- Machine stitch over each circle.
- Add your title along the curve of the circle.
- Add embellishments randomly over each circle.
- Journal around the circle to your liking.
I chose to add a sense of energy & motion by adding a second set of geometric shapes (arrows and triangles) all going the same direction.
I didn't want to break up the circular pattern by adding a title that is square to the page. I also knew that my title was long so I used a combination of small and large font alphas. I lined the bottom of the small alphas to the inside top of one of the circles and repeated the same process with the large alphas. I still need to add the journaling. You can bet I will be journaling in the white space along the curves.
That's all for me today. I hope you've enjoyed reading along with me and I especially hope to see your take on this month's Pattern Play in the gallery.
Thanks for stopping by and please enjoy your day!
Supplies: September Main kit, Main Add-on, Main Add-on 2