Thursday, September 18, 2014

Jingle All the Way

Simple Stories and Thermowen have teamed up this week (this includes prizes) and I am here with a fun way to use up those itty bitty scraps you've been hoarding. You know what I'm talking about...the ones that are a bit too small to do much with but you just love Simple Stories sooo much that you can't bear to throw them away!?!? Anyway, I challenged myself to use them up and I thought I'd pass the challenge along to you.  Take a look at what I created using the new Cozy Christmas collection.


I love this photo of my daughter holding her gigantic stocking that's filled to the brim with little goodies. I knew I had to create a re-create a jumbo sized stocking for this page.
How to:
  • Using your favorite stocking cut file, enlarge it to fit the page. If it has circles already, move to step 2. If not, draw circle cut lines. Cut your stocking.
  • Cut another stocking the same size but this time without the circles.
  • Next, place your stocking with circles cut out over the offset stocking and draw the circles so you know what areas to cover with your scraps.
  • Remove the stocking with the circles and add shimmer using glitter spray from Thermoweb. If you forget this step, just do what I did and cover your pattern paper with the circle cut-outs.

  • Take your scraps of varying shapes and sizes and line them up in whatever way they fit. You may have to trim a bit here and there.

  • Once you've placed all your scraps, place the stocking with circles cut out over the background. Stitch around the stocking and around each circle. Adhere or stitch to the page.
  • Add the stocking trim at the top and embellish to your liking.
  • Add your photo in the upper right side of the page or you can layer it over part of the stocking.. I chose to place it where it is to ensure it remained a key focal point on the layout vs. getting lost by mixing in with the stocking.

  • Add your title in an open space on the stocking.

Many thanks to Therm O Web for the wonderful adhesive and glitter spray and to Simple Stories for the amazing Cozy Christmas collection.
Now head over to the Simple Stories blog, leave some love for me and ENTER TO WIN an awesome prize from Therm O Web.

3 comments:

lucretia said...

Fantastic page...love it!

Who won your blog hop giveaway please with American Crafts?

serena said...

cute page!

Diana Waite said...

SUPER cute--LOVE it!!