I thought I'd share my latest wellness update in today's Transformation Tuesday...
27 LBS TOTAL weight loss since starting the shake/cleanse/clean eating nutritional re-balancing program on April 1, 2014
I only added exercise to the mix in June (and haven't been regular with it) so I am really proud of the results!
I set a goal on April 1st when I started this program. It was a single goal to lose between 25 - 30 pounds before we leave for Hawaii this month.***See Hawaii disclaimer at bottom of page.
I met my conservative goal of losing 25 pounds and I am just 3 pounds away from meeting my loftier goal of 30 pounds.
What's better is that I am down 3 & 4 dress sizes!
I have found that setting both short term and long term goals are way more valuable than I ever imagined.
My next goal is to not gain much back, if any, while I am on vacay. I think this can be achieved if I balance meals and eat the Hawaiian fare in moderation.
- Continue to teach my family the importance of unprocessed, clean and healthy foods.
- Become more religious about exercise - I really need to tone up!
- Set a new short-term goal - work on what my next goal will be while I am on vacation.
WHAT I HAVE LEARNED:
- I don't need caffeine in my life. I know y'all are all gasping and so was I when I heard I would have to cut that from my daily ritual. I decided to give it a go and I am soo glad I did. Sorry Starbucks but I'm saving what I was spending on you to buy new SKINNY clothes!
- I was severely lacking energy, which I have gained back 10-fold!
- This program was so EASY and definitely NOT a diet!
- It's not just about the weight. It's about the inches lost, the 3 - 4 dress sizes I've lost, and the way I feel about myself!
- We have barely eaten lunch or dinner out in 3 months and it's saving us a ton of money.
- I am soo proud of my progress but I need to lose more weight than I originally thought and mostly, I really need to tone up. I am on track to do so with my eating and exercise plans.
- Eating healthy does not mean eating plain chicken day in and day out! See my weekly menus HERE.
- Veggies are not the enemy when prepared deliciously and healthily (is that a word?)
- I will stick to this healthy eating lifestyle for-evah!
- I love that I have so many friends and family who are saying YES! to themselves and doing this with me (and loving it too). It makes me feel great to know that I am positively impacting their wellness and health. I love hearing how their entire families are benefiting! That's really the absolute BEST feeling!