Saturday, September 10, 2011

Meet the Teachers

I am so in love with the Scrapbook Circle "The Good Life" kit this month!  It's full of Amy Tangerine, Fancy Pants, Crate Paper...yummy!

Today, I'm sharing a layout of my daughter's Meet the Teacher day for 2nd grade. By now, you probably know that my style usually includes lots of layers but I went a little "clean and simple" (actually not so simple) with this one because I knew I would need a lot of room to journal about her two teachers plus how we were all feeling that day. I soon realized it would be best to hide the journaling. Take a look...


I actually journalled in three spots here on the page. The first is the little sticker tab that says No. 1. That sticker was chosen because that is my daughter's main homeroom teacher and it's affixed to cardstock that has the teacher name and bio on it. The 2nd hidden journalling is under the "Hello my story is" sticker which is is also affixed to cardstock and has teacher #2 on it. They just slide right out from behind the photos.

The last bit of hidden journaling is on the library index card peeking out on the upper left hand side and that includes our personal thoughts on 2nd grade.

I'm really pleased that I was able to fit paragraphs about each teacher so that we can look back YEARS later and know a little bit more about the teachers we had and how excited Rheagan was to start 2nd grade.

Here's the sketch I made.  I will be posting them to the Sketches page, which can also be found by clicking on the "Sketches" tab at the top of my blog.

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

this is SO fabulous! love the hidden journaling--so VERY clever!