Saturday, September 11, 2010

Cherish the Happy Times

Edited to add: My layout below was a Sketchy Fave over at Sketchy Thursdays!  Thanks Diana, Heidi and team!




Now, back to my regularly scheduled program...
I love these photos of my oldest daughter, Rheagan, and I.  They really capture the joy she can bring to my day.  I also love the rustic feel to the photos.  When scouting locations for our family photo shoot (last year) I found this old bar nearby that was made to look like an old west town.  It was great because each of the outer sections of the building were painted differently so we had lots of unique background options.  I think they recently repainted the building so I might just have to use it again this year. Anyway, here's the layout using this lovely Sketchy Thursdays sketch. This layout includes dressing up the drab cardstock with Misting spray, fussy cutting the backgroud & strip scallops, border and flowers.

9 comments:

Polka Dot Door Designs said...

Gorgeous! I absolutely love this layout, the colors are beautiful, and the photos are so precious.

Liza said...

Beautiful Heather! Love that smile of your DD. She really does bring joy just by looking at her.

Deb said...

Gorgeous LO,love the warm colours! All the the cutting out was worth it, the flowers are so striking. Beautiful photo.

Regan said...

This layout is so cute! The warm colors are great! This is a beautiful creation! With your talent you really should consider entering the challenges over at Papercraft Star http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com they are offering a lot of prizes right now too! Oh and they post all of their challenges weeks in advance to give crafters a head start!

Regan

Sandy Ang said...

Such a great LO and those photos are beautiful.

Regan said...

Hi Heather! I just wanted to let you know that you have a blog award waiting for you on my blog at www.EmoraDesigns.blogspot.com

Thanks, Regan

Diana Fisher said...

I just love this page! So cute, great pics and adorable all around!!! Cute!!!!! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! GORGEOUS!! I love love love those photos and the flowers!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! Proud to sport my Sketchy Thursdays Fave badge