Friday, July 7, 2017

DIY Indoor BBQ Picnic

Hi everyone.  I am sharing a DIY Indoor Picnic Idea with you today.  I don't know about you but I love picnics. We do them as a family all the time but they aren't always a normal picnic at the park. We also picnic in the front and back yard but what my girls really love to do is picnic in the house. We basically layout out blankets and/or towels in a room other than our dining room and there's just something really fun and special about it.

DIY Indoor Picnic


I surprise my girls with an indoor picnic every couple of months because sometimes it just seems like the fun thing to do.  Just don't plan to do it on spaghetti night due to the fact that it can be a mess.  While you can certainly use your normal dishes for an indoor picnic, I figured we should make it fun by creating a picnic caddy for the house. As a result, it's basically everything we need in one little package.

Create a picnic caddy


You can use a box or a crate for this, an upcycled fast food drink tote or almost anything you'd like. I had cardstock and my die cut machine therefore, I chose to make one out of paper.

This is great for utensils, condiments, straws, napkins, you name it. While it's not carrying anything especially heavy, it holds up pretty good. You probably don't want to load it up with drinks unless you really reinforce it.

Add some custom plates


I wanted to create custom plates so I bought clear plastic plates and lined them with patterned paper.  Simply trace the center of the plate on your favorite patterned paper, cut it out and adhere it to the bottom with mod podge.  NOTE: only apply the mod podge to the bottom of the plate.  I'm pretty sure you don't want to eat from a mod podged plate since it probably has chemicals you may not want to ingest but maybe I'm wrong?!?!

Picnic themed invitation


Next, create a cute little apron card. I downloaded this one from the Silhouette store. Isn't the grill set cute?

This can be an invitation to the picnic, a menu (on the inside) or just a cute piece of decor in addition to whatever else you have planned.

Ready for the picnic



So there you have it... a fun DIY Indoor Picnic that's as cute as can be.  Just add your favorite food & beverage and dine in style.

No comments: