Thursday, January 19, 2017

Snow Wonderful

Hi everyone.  Heather Leopard is here doing what I love most...playing with background cut files! This one in particular is the Nordic Background. I used my Scrapbook Circle Everyday Stories December kit and a few snowflake embellishments from Hip Kit Club I borrowed from my friend, Majken.

I altered this cut file just a tad, removing the x's that are part of the cut file so that I could hand stitch them instead.  Then I enlarged it to cover the entire page, removing the lower portion since that was going to be covered by patterned paper. Let me walk you through how I did this...

First, I separated the cut file elements and removed the x's. leaving only the snowflakes and diamonds.  Then, I traced the outline of one of the snowflakes and offset it just slightly, making it a tad bit larger than the background cut.

Then I cut the outline of the snowflakes out of different patterned papers and....

adhered them randomly behind some of the snowflakes to the back of the large cut file. Then I hand stitched the x's back into place.


I didn't have enough variety of the blue-ish patterned paper so I pieces of packaging for the back of the letters.


That's just my way of using cut files (like Nordic Background) to make unique layouts.

3 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

FAB LO!!

Rhonda said...

SUPER and inspiring as always!!! :o)

essay best said...

These are really wonderful and gives a feeling of snowing. Really nice work and way of creating something unique plus it makes a good gift idea.