Here's the file I used. You can download this file for FREE from the Scrapbook & Cards Today blog.
I chose to cut the file and hand stitch around the words. I have to admit, it took WAY too long and I was telling myself I was crazy the whole time but I love how it turned out in the end so I'd say it was all worth it.
- Supersize the cut file so that it leaves approximately 1" on each side of the paper.
- Add stitching dots or lines around the words and cut the file. Altnertively, you can manually poke the holes.
Here's where the "fun" begins.....
- Hand stitch around the words using your favorite embroidery thread.
- Layer the stitched paper over a pattern paper, careful not to use a super busy paper. I chose a design that had a white background but when I placed the stitched paper over it, it was somewhat washed out.
- To fix this, I watercolored over it in a complimentary blue color.
- Once dry, adhere the paper overlay on top. You could also add this before stitching but since I used my Silhouette to poke the holes, I adding this after.
I added my precious children as my reasons to be happy, adding them to the page in birth order.
Thanks for stopping by today. Please head over to the Scrapbook & Cards Today blog to download the file. LEAVE ME SOME LOVE WHILE YOU'RE THERE!