Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Happiness Grows Here

Hello! The new Bella Blvd releases are right on trend, allowing you to color customize your paper and embellishments as you wish. So when I received the new Jillibean Soup Happy Hues paints, I was in Heaven! The colors are so fresh and 'happy'. 

For today's project I wanted to put the Invisibles to the test.  

The nice thing about the Invisibles is that they has a glossy side and a matte side and I figured the matte side would allow the paint to stick a little better. Applying the paint was easy peasy. I just dabbed my brush in the paint and filled in the middles of the flowers and stars.  It went on like butter and dried pretty quickly.  

Once it was all dry, I sewed the Invisible to my background, trimming off the edges and reusing it in the top left part of the layout. Next, I painted a border around the page using the yellow and green hues and I also painted a white photo corner yellow so it would perfectly match. I also watered down the paint and then sprinkled it on the background.  I then added the photo, embellishments, title and journaling.

Supplies: Collection Name: Just Add Color Newsflash 12x12 paper, Treasures & Text, Invisibles: Color Chaos Pink Posies, Ciao Chip Elements: Flowers & Clouds, Designer Tape: Polka Dot Combo
Enamel Dots: Guacamole, Blueberry, Bell Pepper, Enamel DooDads: Milk White, Bella Bows: Ice
Jillibean Soup Happy Hues: Yummy Yellow, Groovy Green


2 comments:

bernii miller said...

Oh my word!! This is so adorable Heather :)

Chocoscrapaholic said...

Super cute with all those flowers!!