It's pastel week on the American Crafts blog and I was asked to create a card. I thought it only fitting to use the new embossing folders to create my card background and add a bit of watercolor to attain that dreamy effect.
- Cut a card base so that it measures 4"w x 6"h when folded in half.
- Unfold it and insert the front of the card into the embossing folder.
- Run it through your embossing / manual die cut machine.
- Next, take out 3 different colors of mists and add a little bit of water to them to help achieve a more muted and pastel water color look.
- Choose random sections of the embossed background and start painting them in.
- Once you like the pattern, apply a sentiment to the top and any extra embellishments you desire.
Supplies: Textured Cardstock (AM710-81) 12"X12" White, Rise & Shine collection: (370053) – Ava Embossing Folder, (370038) – Bits Die Cut Cardstock Shapes, (370034) – Remarks Epoxy Stickers, Heidi Swapp Color Shine: (HS01082) - Blush, (HS01080) - Seafoam, (HS00799) - Mine Green, Mister Hueys Color Mists (331047) - Taxi