Thursday, January 29, 2015

I Love You.... | Scrapbook Expo Designer Spotlight

Did you see the announcement a few weeks ago from Scrapbook Expo that they are amping up their Weekly Scrapper blog with all sorts of fun daily themes?  Paige Evans is heading up the Designer Spotlight weekly feature and asked if I'd contribute.  

I answered a few questions for the Q&A, which you can read HERE and created a layout featuring my Signature style as seen below.

I'm not really sure how to group my style into a particular theme. I guess that's why it's called a signature style???  I just know I LOVE colors, patterns and making bold statements, particularly with fun and unique backgrounds, all the while attempting to draw the eye around to my photo.  



I created this layout exclusively for this Designer Spotlight.  

My youngest daughter is just the sweetest little thing.  I'm lucky to be her mommy because I get to hear things like "You're the best mommy ever" and "I love you in a million billion pieces" every single day, multiple times a day.  We always try to one up each other on our love you more meter so I thought it'd be fun to create a layout with some of our favorite sayings. 

How to: To create the layout, I added all the shapes and words on the Silhouette mat on my computer. I placed everything where I wanted it, sized them up and down and moved them around until I liked the overall design. Of course, I left space for my photo. This made it super easy to make sure everything would fit once it was cut out.  Then, I just cut everything individually and recreated it on my page. some things are cut out of the white cardstock and some things were cut out and placed on top of the white cardstock.




I sent Paige 4 more of my favorite layouts that show my signature style. You may or may not have seen them before so you might want to head over to the the Scrapbook Expo Weekly Scrapper blog to check them out.  

Many thanks to Paige and Scrapbook Expo for allowing me to be part of the great things happening over there!

4 comments:

Kimberly Kett said...

I love how everything fits together here and great use of pattern paper! Love your style!

Gina Lideros said...

Super fun layout, loved hearing more about you!

Rhonda said...

You are just perfect in every way!!! :o)

Stacie said...

Loved seeing all of your beautiful pages! I didn't know they had a blog!