Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Smile, I'm Guesting at October Afternoon!

I was soo excited when I got an email from the October Afternoon team asking me to guest design and I was even more thrilled when I found out I'd be playing with their new Daily Flash collections.

I've created one layout already, which I posted last Friday HERE and I'm sitting here at my scrap desk looking at two completed Daily Flash spreads that will be up on the blog this coming Friday. In the meantime, make sure to visit the October Afternoon blog, where I did some Q&A and first debuted this card that I whipped up real quick for my Q&A post, using the Travel Girl collection.

I just love the colors in this collection and all the coordinating die-cuts, stickers and embellishments. I decided to pair the cute smiling gal with something that reminded me of green grass and sky rays. I cut them all to different sizes, extending some past the edge of the card and others short than the card. I then stitched them on.

Thanks for stopping by. I'll be sharing 2 spreads from the Daily Flash Snapshots collection, which was so fun to create with! Take a stop by the October Afternoon blog and pay me a visit over there! Now go on and get crafty!

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Congrats on the GDT!! That is awesome! I loveeeeeeee this! LOVING the rays!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Such an adorable card Heather, and I loved your fun layout too!

Diana Waite said...

this card is INCREDIBLE--congrats my friend!!