Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hello There, Love Story

I shared these projects on the American Crafts blog last week and between family fun fests and the sickies, I'm just now getting around to posting them here. I played with the Amy Tangerine Ready Set Go collection. It's just soo easy to create with...so many great papers and the embellies are too much fun.

Hello There Tag Card
I created this card using a Lori Whitlock cutting file and my CAMEO. Once the card was assembled, I just layered it with different embellishments, added the speech bubble and topped it off with they groovy ribbon. Anyone remember the old Houston Astros baseball team colors? The ribbon is a perfect match! I wonder if I can dig up any old photos from games I went to as a child to scrap. Hmmm.
 
Supplies: Afternoon Delight Paper (35766) - Ready Set Go, Green Light Paper (35765) - Ready Set Go, True Story Paper (35775) - Ready Set Go, To-Do List Paper (35782) - Ready Set Go, Ready Set Go Printed Cardstock Shapes (85589) - Bits, Mixed Dimensional Embellishments (85591) - Delights/Details, Stitched Vellum (85593) - Details, Ready Set Go Value Ribbon Pack (89428) - Premium Ribbon

Love Story
This photo might look familiar because I scrapped it before but I really wanted to do two layouts of it so that I could put one in each of our girls' albums. Of course their albums are hugely about them but I think it's important for them to know how much their daddy & I love each other.
 
  Supplies: Green Light Paper (35765) - Ready Set Go, Coffee Break Paper (35768) - Ready Set Go, Running Errands Paper (35770) - Ready Set Go, Lunch Break Paper (35771) - Ready Set Go, Globetrotter Paper (35772) - Ready Set Go, Dinner Date Paper (35773) - Ready Set Go, Get Cozy Paper (35774) - Ready Set Go, True Story Paper (35775) - Ready Set Go, Charmed Paper (35780) - Ready Set Go, Surrounded Paper (35781) - Ready Set Go, To-Do List Paper (35782) - Ready Set Go, Rise N Shine Paper (35783) - Ready Set Go, Why Thank You Paper (35785) - Ready Set Go, Ready Set Go Printed Cardstock Shapes (85589) - Bits, Sure Thing (42255) - Remarks, Baxter Brown/Blue Letter Stickers (42254) - Remarks, Oh Yes (42256) - Fabric Remarks, Mixed Dimensional Embellishments (85591) - Delights/Details, Stitched Vellum (85593) - Details

Journaling: You know what? I haven't written it yet but when I do in the very near future it will be hidden on the journaling card that is tucked behind the photo where it reads "PULL HERE".

I "love" this love paper and just new I needed to use it as part of my title. I pulled out my handy dandy Clicut xacto type tool and cutting mat and just cut out the inside of one of the love words. Then backed them with fun paper and used the brown letter stickers, which are somewhat see through, and layered them over the bottom portion to tie the title together.

Here's a close up of my chevron do-hickey. As you can see I added paper to the base page as well as immediately under the cut out and then popped it up with foam dots. When you see it in person you can really see the dimension. Oh and you can't see the waves when you look at the page "full frontal" or in an album.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Before you go, if you are a Silhouette owner and you love American Crafts like we all do, did you know you can download cutting files from American Crafts in Silhouette Studio? How cool is that???

If you want to get your hands on this collection, head over to the Paper Issues store. They have Amy Tangerine Ready Set Go and so many other manufacturers AND you can get 20% off if you use the code HEATHER at checkout.

6 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

That tag is SO CUTE Heather!! Really love it! And your layout is awesome! I am a fan of the negative chevron look and you did an amazing job with it on this page!!

April Derrick said...

Love the technique on this tag! Super cute!!

Christina said...

I love that chevron piece-pinning this!
Great layouts!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Love all of these!!! That tag is awesome and I really love the chevron work you did too!!!

Diana Waite said...

SERIOUSLY AWESOME--LOVE these creations!!

lynda said...

I think it's so creative the way you cut out LOVE from your paper & backed it with different paper!