Monday, October 31, 2011

Itsy Bitsy Spider

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I haven't blogged in over a week, which is soo not my norm, but I've been busy celebrating my now three (or "free" as she says it) year old's birthday, going to pre-school Halloween parties, helping my oldest daughter dress up every day last week for various activities at school - superhero day, camo day, book character day and more.  We also went through some evaluations for my oldest daughter and found out she has severe ADHD possibly coupled with something else that I'm not ready to blog about yet since we need to do more evaluations but either way, we are so relieved that we are starting to get some answers to things we've all been struggling with! 

Anyway, I was just trying to say that we've been busy but I'm here today to show you a couple of things I made for Halloween. The first is a tribute to Reese's favorite nursery rhyme (last year). It just made sense to dress her as a spider for Halloween last year.

I used the Bella Blvd Too Cute to Spook product line that I won in a Bella Blvd contest a couple of months ago.  It's just too perfect for my cute little spider girl!  Lots of fussy cutting, hand stitching and machine stitching but oh so worth it! I made one of those spiders with my sewing machine!


Love the clouds and those little stars were very tedious to cut and glue.  Some are even popped up.

Thanks Bella for the great line to work with!

The next is a little Halloween project I created for Imaginisce.  If you have kids, you've probably been Boo'd by another neighbor kid but if this is new to you basically, you leave a little "boo" gift and poem by the front door, then ring the doorbell and hide.  If you're good and hide like a ghost, they never know who boo'd them.  Anyway, I created these little "Boo" candy corn door hangers, which contain you guessed it - candy corn.

I made a little cone out of scrap paper to get it the shape I wanted and then I used that pattern to cut the different colors.  I cut the yellow a little bigger on the top and then gave it a pretty trimming with a punch.  I used white for the entire cone and stitched the orange and yellow to the white, adhered it with ultra strong glue.  Then I used a Martha Stewart lace punch to create the pretty lace handle.  I cut out some of the lace on the handle and threaded black ribbon through it for that "extra touch".  I found the mini chalkboard signs at Joann's. I painted the frame orange and wrote "BOO" in chalk. 

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Audrey Yeager said...

oh my gosh these are both so so cute! I love the spider that you made with your machine!!!

Diana Fisher said...

Cute page, love that candy corn, and good news that you are beginning to get answers to questions you needed answered.

Diana Waite said...

CUTE creations--glad to see you back!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Love that fun layout and cute treat cone. sorry to hear about your eldest's struggles, but glad to hear you are getting some answers.