Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Holding the Future in our Hands

I LOVE the January challenge over at Crop Suey. Mia provided an ad as inspiration for us.  I used a sketch from the Design Dollies December sketch challenge. At first I was going to play off of the retro vibe and the tv and do a layout on my favorite classic Christmas cartoons but then I realized I'd be posting this well after the holidays so I switched gears. I looked at the ad more closely and had an A-HA moment.  I had the perfect picture and the title was right there in front of me.  So, here's the ad and my layout.
I wanted to keep this layout as clutter-free as possible because of the delicate nature of it. I found some really pretty black lace to help soften up the layout, added some flowers, including one hand-made from ruffled ribbon and added a little pearly bling.  I usually shy away from stickers but they were in the kit and I am so glad they were.  These are 12" border stickers that I cut up.  I applied them to the upper right of the layout. There are two there - one symbolizes the newness of bringing baby home and getting settled in to a routine.  I applied the second one to a darker cream colored scalloped border sticker which has a nice little design on it and says "November", which is when this photo was taken.  Thanks for looking.
Supplies: Scrapbook Circle Kit - Pink Paislee Amber Road Collection: Autumn Blossom, Apple Cider and Paislee Postcard pattern papers, Borderline Stickers; Jenni Bowlin Border Stickers Black; Cosmo Cricket Tiny Alphas; Handmade: ribbon flower at top; Tattered Angels Mist - brick & charcoal; CTMH: Pearls, Stocking Style stamp, white crocheted flowers, Garden Green & White Daisy ink; Glossy Accents; Other: black lace, flowers, journal blocks

Dash on over to Crop Suey to play along for a chance to win a mitten weather kit from Cosmo Cricket!!!

6 comments:

MommaSaid said...

Oooohhhh, WOW! Breathtaking; and all I can say.

Elizabeth said...

Heather this is simply beautiful!!!
e.

Rachael Funnell said...

OMGoodness!!!! this Layout is Super Stunning..
Love it! Love it!
Have a good 1..
XX

Stacy said...

LOVE this page! That picture is perfect for this challenge!

Mara... said...

This is stunning, I just love the inspiration you took from the ad and totally made it your own. Great layout!

Metal_Minish said...

Amazing LO, and awesome use of the sketch! Thanks for playing with us Dollies!

Related Posts with Thumbnails