Here's the first sketch and challenge I created.
- Alter the dominant paper using paint/ink/mist - the now brown areas on the left and right of my layout were originally black and were painted brown with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam.
- Think outside the box with your ribbon - I used ribbon to decorate the front of the photo/journaling pocket.
- Use heat embossing on the layout - I heat embossed clear transparency to create the "X" and "O" letters and "in love" words. I also used Mist on the transparencies to give them more depth.
- Incorporate a handmade flower - I fussy cut the flowers, painted and arranged them and voila, a handmade flower.
- Include hidden photos and/or journaling.
I have to add that I NEVER scrap photos that don't include a kid. I don't have an album of just my hubby and me, other than what was done pre-kids. I don't plan to start one at this time either. I do, however, plan to scrap more photos of me, us, or him to include in the girls' albums. They need to know more about us as individuals and as a couple. I WILL scrap more photos like this!