I wanted to make something for the home and I stumbled across some canvases I had bought a few years ago, that were in the attic. Later that day I was walking the puppy outside and ran across some downed tree limbs and the project just all came together.
This is a really easy project to make and you could really take the fundamentals of it and make all sorts of themed designs for any season. I', already picturing a buttons and brads and such formed into the shape of a Christmas tree, hearts, etc.
Here's how I made mine:
- Grab a canvas whatever size best suits your project, the space you have on your walls, etc.
- Pull out paint, mists, embossing powders or whatever you would like to use as a background. You could also keep it white or cover it with paper. I chose Gesso and mists.
- I applied Gesso liberally because I wanted to add some texture to the canvas aside from the standard canvas texture. I set it aside to dry for about an hour.
- While it's drying, start making your brads using your i-top and paper. This is a good thing to do while watching a favorite TV show or movie.
- Step back and look at it. You may find you want to add more of one color.
Oh and do you want to know the best thing about this project? I gave each of my daughters a canvas and let them go to twon on them with paint. I am going dedicate a blog post to them and their projects within the next day or two.